The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships, and hopefully begin to heal.
One of two Assistant Directors
Provide campers and staff with balanced ‘home-cooked’ meals throughout each camping session.
- To participate in pertinent pre-camp training and orientation.
- To play an active role in promoting a positive and constructive camp environment.
- To assist the cook in providing campers and staff with balanced nutritious meals and snacks throughout each camping session as pre-approved by a dietician.
- To prepare salads and desserts for lunch and supper as directed by the cook.
- To prepare birthday cakes as required.
- To assist the cook with meal preparation and meal serving.
- To assist in the dining hall set up for each meal.
- To assist in putting away stock when it arrives.
- To assist in cleaning the kitchen as directed using proper hygiene and cleaning procedures.
- To attend all scheduled staff meetings and participate in formal and informal supervision.
- To respect all camp policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
- To perform all other related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Must hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) in cooking from a school recognized by the ministry or have an equivalent skill.
- Must be willing to obtain a MAPAQ food hygiene and safety certification prior to pre-camp.
- Must be emotionally mature and willing to accept responsibility.
- Must have the capacity to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to relate to children.
- Must be comfortable in, and respectful of, a group living environment.
- Must be punctual and capable of respecting a camp preset schedule.
- Must be capable of respecting confidentially regarding camper medical, behavioral issues and family history.
To be discussed depending on experience
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of employment:
Full-time position from June 18, 2023 to August 17, 2023
If you are interested in becoming part of our team please send your resume to email@example.com