The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships, and hopefully begin to heal.
One of two Assistant Directors
Unique opportunity to work with children and youth who are facing challenges or who are receiving Youth Protection Services.
You would be responsible to provide campers with a well-rounded camp experience; ensure the welfare, health and safety of campers as well as develop and animate activity programming for designated camper groups.
- Participate in pre-camp training and orientation;
- To play an active role in promoting a positive and constructive camp environment;
- Work in teams of two (2) or more, supervising and animating groups of campers;
- Supervise the health, safety, and personal belongings of assigned campers;
- To oversee and assist campers with their daily hygiene routines as needed;
- To be with assigned campers and participate with them at all times during daily activities such as swimming, sports, evening activities and Special Interest Programs;
- Participate in overnight tripping programs with campers;
- Ensure cabin cleanup is done and involves all campers;
- To develop and/or assist in the development and implementation of activities;
- To attend all scheduled staff meetings and participate in formal and informal supervision;
- To respect all camp policies, procedures, guidelines and rules;
- To perform all other related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor;
- Must have completed Secondary 5 and preferably one year of college;
- Prior experience or study in a related field would be considered an asset;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Must have the ability to relate to children;
- Must be comfortable in, and respectful of, a group living environment;
- Must be punctual and capable of respecting a camp preset schedule;
- Must be capable of respecting confidentially regarding camper medical, behavioral issues and family history.
$2,000 to $2,300 depending on education and relevant experience
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of Employment:
June 17, 2023, to August 18, 2023.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.