The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships and hopefully begin to heal.
One of two Assistant Directors
You would be responsible to provide campers with a well-rounded camp experience; ensure the welfare, health and safety of campers as well as develop and animate activity programming for designated camper groups.
- To ensure the high level of supervision and safety of all waterfront programs and activities;
- To oversee the cohesion of the lifeguard team and to schedule the lifeguard rotation;
- To ensure the planning and implementation of safe, enjoyable aquatic activities;
- To provide the proper care in emergency situations;
- To oversee and teach basic swimming skills;
- To be responsible for the maintenance and inventory all waterfront supplies and equipment;
- To request and order any necessary equipment and supplies;
- To continue to evaluate the waterfront activities and programs and suggest and implement possible solutions and / or changes;
- To hold regular staff meetings and staff training sessions in accordance to the needs of the group;
- To plan, organize and implement special events;
- To participate in regular supervision and formal evaluations;
- To conduct supervision and formal evaluations of the waterfront staff as required;
- To fill out any necessary paperwork;
- To maintain a positive relationship with the counsellors and other staff;
- To assume duties of cabin counselor on occasion, if required;
- To assist in other areas of camp life as needed such as Hutline, special events, rainy day programming, evening programming etc.;
- To perform all other related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Must have completed Secondary 5 and preferably one year of college;
- Must have all necessary Lifesaving Society qualifications;
- Must be willing to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card during pre-camp;
- Prior related experience would be considered an asset;
- Must recognize the paramount importance of water safety and be committed to ensure all rules are enforced;
- Must have excellent people, communication, and organizational skills;
- Must be emotionally mature and willing to accept responsibility;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Must be capable of respecting confidentially regarding camper medical, behavioral issues and family history;
- Must be reliable and dependable.
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of Employment:
June 17, 2023, to August 18, 2023.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.