The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships and hopefully begin to heal.
Director of Program and Director of staff and campers
Ensure the planning and implementation of safe, enjoyable aquatic activities.
Manage and ensure the supervision of all the waterfront activities, equipment, and staff.
- Ensure the adequate supervision of all swimming, boating and sailing programs and activities;
- Oversee the teaching of swimming skills to campers.
- Teach lifesaving courses to senior campers according to the Lifesaving Society standards;
- Maintain, care for and inventory all waterfront supplies and equipment;
- Request and order any necessary equipment and supplies;
- Maintain an ongoing evaluation of the waterfront activities and programs and suggest and implement possible solutions and/or changes;
- Hold regular staff meetings and staff training sessions in accordance to the needs of the group;
- Plan, organize and implement special events with the Program Director and lifeguards;
- Meet with supervisors twice during the course of the summer for formal evaluations;
- Conduct formal evaluations of the waterfront staff twice during the course of the summer;
- Fill out any necessary paperwork;
- Assist in other areas of camp life as needed (Hutline, special events, evening program etc…)
- Maintain all necessary qualifications up to date i.e. National Lifeguard, CPR, Instructors, and First-Aid.
- At least 18 years of age;
- Must have all necessary Lifesaving Society qualifications;
- Recognition of the paramount importance of water safety and commitment to ensure proper rules and regulations are enforced in the swimming area and throughout the lake when boating activities are taking place;
- Have excellent people and communication skills, organizational skills as well as an overall general understanding of how a waterfront is operated;
- Emotionally mature and willing to accept responsibility;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
To be discussed based on experience
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of Employment:
June 26, 2023, to August 17, 2023.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 514-968-7527.