The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships and hopefully begin to heal.
Head Lifeguard and Director of Program
Maintain a very high level of safety and supervision on the waterfront during all water and boating activities; aid in the development and implementation of well-rounded aquatic programs and activities; provide the proper care in an emergency situation.
- Provide a high level of surveillance of the swimming area during all waterfront programs and activities;
- Assist in the teaching of swimming skills to campers;
- Properly maintain and care for all waterfront supplies and equipment;
- Give an ongoing evaluation of the waterfront activities and programs and suggest possible solutions or changes;
- Attend all staff training sessions and meetings;
- Aid in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events;
- Meet with supervisors twice during the summer for formal evaluations;
- Fill out any necessary paperwork;
- Maintain a positive relationship with the counselors and other staff in order to be fully effective in the area of safety;
- Attend in-service waterfront training throughout the summer;
- Assume duties of cabin counselor on occasion, if required;
- Assist in other areas of camp life as needed (Hutline, kitchen, rainy day programs etc..)
- Carry out duties assigned by the head lifeguard as needed.
- Must have all necessary Lifesaving Society qualifications;
- Have excellent people and communication skills, organizational skills as well as an overall general understanding of how a waterfront is operated;
- Reliable and dependable.
To be discussed based on experience
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of Employment:
June 26, 2023, to August 17, 2023.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 514-968-7527.