The camp is located on the shores of beautiful Lac de L'achigan in Saint-Hippolyte. We are an English summer camp that welcomes about 100 young people from 6 to 17 years old. The majority of our campers are followed in youth protection. Camp Weredale offers these young people a safe and beautiful environment in which they can be close to nature, create lifelong friendships and hopefully begin to heal.
One of two Assistant Directors
You would be responsible to provide campers with a well-rounded camp experience; ensure the welfare, health and safety of campers as well as develop and animate activity programming for designated camper groups.
- To provide concentrated surveillance of all waterfront programs and activities;
- To participate in the planning and implementation of safe, enjoyable aquatic activities;
- To provide the proper care in emergency situations;
- To teach basic swimming skills;
- To properly maintain and care for all waterfront supplies and equipment;
- To give an ongoing evaluation of the waterfront activities and programs and suggest possible solutions or changes;
- To attend all staff training sessions and staff meetings;
- To participate in regular supervision and formal evaluation;
- To aid in the planning, organization and implementation of special events;
- To fill out any necessary paperwork;
- To maintain a positive relationship with the counsellors and other staff;
- To attend in service waterfront training throughout the summer;
- To assume duties of cabin counselor on occasion, if required;
- To assist in other areas of camp life as needed such as Hutline, special events, rainy day programming, evening programming etc.;
- To perform all other related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Must have all necessary Lifesaving Society qualifications;
- Must be willing to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card during pre-camp;
- Must recognize the paramount importance of water safety and be committed to ensure all rules are enforced;
- Must have excellent people, communication, and organizational skills;
- Must be emotionally mature and willing to accept responsibility;
- Must be capable of respecting confidentially regarding camper medical, behavioral issues and family history;
- Must be reliable and dependable.
2 650 $
Summer, full-time, day, evening, weekend. Transportation, lodging, and food are included at Camp Weredale during the stay.
Duration of Employment:
June 17, 2023, to August 18, 2023.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org